Minimal maintenance is required for the PowerLock™. Individual usage and operating conditions will determine when to check the PowerLock™. Aero Industries recommends a weekly inspection of the following items:
- Inspect Tarp for wear and tears.
- Inspect Arms for damage (cracked, dented or bent).
- Bearings: Pull the shafts from side to side and in and out. If there is excessive play, replace the bearings. Lubricate as often as necessary with penetrating oil. DO NOT use an excessive amount of lubricant.
- Springs: Examine springs for breakage or distortion. Apply a light coat of penetrating oil to tension springs as needed.
- Fasteners: Make sure that all mounting bolts and screws are in place and tight and that no parts are worn or damaged.
- Chain: Check the chain tension, that links move smoothly, and make sure the master link is on. Lubricate the chain regularly with penetrating oil.
- Electrical Connections: Check all electrical connections and tighten any that have become loose.
- Safety Labels: Clean labels with soap and water. Replace if damaged and/or difficult to read.
Replacement parts and instructions may be obtained from your Aero dealer or by contacting Aero Industries.